Will is 15 months old today (yay!) - which would be 15 x 30 = 450 days. Lets be conservative and say 7 diapers per day...7 x 450 = 3,150.
3, 150 diapers!
Y'all...that's a lot of diapers! Here's a bit more math for you...each box has about 120 diapers (give or take) and averages about $35.00. So, 3,150 / 120 = 26 (ish) boxes of diapers. 26 x $35 = $918.75.
Now, we do use coupons when we have them. And sometimes buy in bulk to save more money (at Sam's, or Target when they do a buy-3-get-a-$10 giftcard deal).
Okay, you're thinking...where are you going with this...well, I have saved all of Will's Huggies points from his packages of diapers - AND WIPES - and logged them into the system. (I am not including the cost of wipes as I don't think my math skills would allow me to figure that one out in a timely manner).
I always think to myself, "boy, I'm going to get a great gift eventually with all these points!" Well. Friends, I'm here to tell you that no...no, I won't get anything great.
Today, I log almost 60 points in (I wait until I have a lot to put in) and I currently have 811 points. And I went to browse the rewards catalog. Surely I can get something at this point! We've been doing this for well over a year now!
Here's what I can get:
So, you're telling me that I can get a magazine subscription that I could probably order online for $5.99? And, People isn't even offered in English...WHAT!? Oh, how nice of you...a $15 Starbucks gift card where I get 3 small drinks...that's what I get for being a loyal Huggies user!? Thanks for nothing!
And, if I save up more points, maybe I'll get lucky and get this water bottle that retails for $19.99:
Dear Huggies...I love you, I really do. I think your diapers are the best and those overnites changed our lives. But, this is not the best reward program. I expect more for changing lots of poopy diapers and getting peed on. And, don't worry...if I end up getting this water bottle one day, you can bet that I won't let Will drink out of it as that would cause me to change his diaper again. HA!




No comments:
Post a Comment