Well, it's week 25 and a cold has set in. Yes - probably just your common cold, but seems a little worse when you're with child.
Around week 12 I had a terrible headache for almost two days. And, I refused to take Tylenol (even though it was on the okay-to-take list from my doctor). Until G pretty much MADE me take it. But before I did, I seriously called the doctor's office at 7pm on a Tuesday and almost pressed "1" for "This is an after hours emergency" - until G told me I was crazy and just to take the Tylenol. So I did. And seriously, like 20 minutes later, no headache and I didn't have to take any more. The next day, we saw the doctor - who laughed and said he's glad I didn't call during his supper to ask about Tylenol. Ha, I am sure my office thinks I'm a nut case, but that would have put the icing on the cake.
So, yesterday morning I felt a scratchy throat and a stuffy face along with a headache. So, I get the list of medicines and head to the drug store. I talk with the pharmacist who says "I would try the saline nasal spray and the Tylenol first to see if that works for you. Before you take this Sudafed, call your doctor to double check". So here I am thinking: what the heck is in Sudafed? it was BEHIND the counter and the pharmacist needed my ID in order for me to purchase it. This stuff must be DANGEROUS!
So, after a whole day of nasal spray and Tylenol (every 6-8 hours because I'm still a weirdo) - I call the nurse this morning. She tells me "Take the Sudafed. And you can take it with the Tylenol" - I told her, I thought that was fine, but after my visit at the pharmacy and them needing my ID, I got really nervous. She laughs and tells me apparently kids make crystal meth with Sudafed. Great. Thanks lady, that makes me feel better about taking it. But, I took it about an hour ago, and seriously, my face feels SO MUCH better. Nurse also said that if I run a fever or if it lasts for more than 5 days to call them.
Here's to the meds. Let's hope I get better - and that I don't worry myself crazy over having to take them.
Bless your heart! A cold is miserable without being pregnant!
ReplyDeleteI have a similar story about heartburn medicine. I have the worst heartburn such that I would have to eat TUMS all day long. Zantac is on my doc's approved meds list, but I was at wal-mart without the list and wanted to double-check. The pharmacist said that no heartburn meds are approved for pregnancy which of course threw me into a tizzy.
I am much more lenient on myself taking Tylenol this pregnancy than I was with Jack. I am even taking half a Tylenol PM at night when I can't get comfortable and rest. It's doctor approved!
Hope you feel better very soon!